The Border Terrier Welfare Mid Year Event was held this last Sunday 12th May at Woodmansterne, it was great to see you all and we hope that you enjoyed your time with us.
Open Discussion – You and your Border
In a departure from our usual format of having a guest speaker, this year we extend our thanks to all our friends who came along for an opportunity for guests to ask questions and get advice about their Border Terriers and the breed in general billed as “Open Discussion – You and your Border”. We hope that you found this interesting and helpful.
After this, the event reverted to our traditional pattern and offered a selection of fun dog classes in which guests have a chance of winning Rosettes and prizes in a variety of competitions.
The winners were:
- Prettiest Bitch - Grahams lovely girl Treacle
- Handsomest Dog - John and Vanessa’s good looking boy Leo
- Best youngster, 3 years and under - John and Vanessa again with their very special foster dog Archie, recovering well after his major surgery
- Best Adult & Veteran - Roger & Sarah’s very smart and distinguished boy Hamish
- Best Rescue - Eian & Sarah Mantle’s very pretty girl Pickle
Well done to all the winners and runners up, as well as the owners and handlers.
A vote of thanks
After all this excitement a little refreshment was required and as always we weren’t to be disappointed.
Many thanks to Julia and Joyce for their sterling work in the kitchen, to the officers and members of the committee for their help on the day and special thanks to Mel our Secretary for organising the whole event.